The difficult interpretation of the tax rules, as well as an uneasy relationship with Tax Authorities often turns out to be the first step in litigation. In Italy, however, we regard as “litigation” all legal procedures, not only appearing before a tax Court, but even applications for reimbursement and, in general, any kind of discussion with Tax Authorities.
Thus such area concerns:
- Representing clients before all Tax Offices and Tax Courts;
- Preparation of appeals;
- Settlement of litigation before the Courts;
- Assistance in preparing documents required by Tax Offices;
- Preparation of applications for tax reimbursements;
- Assistance during Tax Audits and assessments.
In the course of the litigation, advice is given to define the most effective strategy to challenge the Tax Authorities’ requests.